Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Don't Miss Sunday School

In that spirit, let me ask another question: Why do we sometimes choose not to fully embrace the opportunity Sunday School offers?
In recent years, I have witnessed a lot of different Sunday School “alternatives” during Sunday School time, including visiting in the halls, ward leaders conducting interviews, stake leaders training their ward counterparts, and youth leaders addressing program concerns.
With so many demands on their time, I understand why leaders may use Sunday School time to do other things. But what a blessing it is for all involved when ward leaders set aside an hour to participate in gospel discussions with the members of their flock!
I’m confident you have experienced other examples of “Sunday School neglect.” For one reason or another, many of us have felt at times that we don’t get as much out of Sunday School classes as we would like. I have learned that the richness of my Sunday School experience is determined as much by my preparation and participation as that of my teacher. 

TEACHING IN THE SAVIOR’S WAY

Preparing to Meet God


Devin G. Durrant
First Counselor, Sunday School General Presidency
ListenDownloadPrintShare

No comments: