Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Feel Confident In God's Hands

On the eve of Jesus Christ’s suffering in Gethsemane, He issued this benediction to His disciples: “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. . . . Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27). Of this invitation, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said, “[This] may be one of the Savior’s commandments that is, even in the hearts of otherwise faithful Latter-day Saints, almost universally disobeyed; and yet I wonder whether our resistance to his invitation could be any ore grievous to the Lord’s merciful heart.” Elder Holland added, “I am convinced that none of us can appreciate how deeply it wounds the living heart of the Savior of the world when he finds that his people do not feel confident in his care or secure in his hands.”


Jeffrey R. Holland, “Come unto Me,” Ensign, Apr. 1998, 19. 

No comments: