Trust in the Lord That You May Not Run Faster Than You Have Strength
By Sister Kristin M. Yee
Second Counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency
When I paint, it’s hard for me to walk away from what I’m doing, because I always see something that needs to be fixed or changed, some hue, value, shape, or texture that needs to be adjusted or refined. I realized early on that I needed to literally turn my painting to face the wall before I could go to sleep at night.
Sisters and brothers, the Lord can help us to find rest and to know when to “turn it to the wall.” We have many, many good things that can take our time, but what is needful? The Spirit of the Lord can help us to know what is enough, what is most important, and what can fall to the wayside. Let us be flexible with our “to do” lists and be open to what the Lord may bring our way each day. (See Jacob 4:10; Alma 37:36–37.)...
The prophet Spencer W. Kimball (1895–1985) taught that the Lord “will help us as we decide from day to day on the allocation of our time and talent. We will move faster if we hurry less. We will make more real progress if we focus on the fundamentals.”
Focusing on the fundamentals includes spending time with the Lord in personal and family prayer, studying His word, ministering as He would, worshipping in His holy house, repenting often and sincerely, and engaging in blessed family history work. These sacred efforts fill our souls and bring the power of the Savior’s atoning sacrifice into our lives and into the lives of our families on both sides of the veil.
When we trust our time and energies to Him, and let Him prevail in this way, He will bring great peace, perspective, power, guidance, and joy into our lives. We will move faster in the ways that matter most.
No comments:
Post a Comment