Saturday, February 13, 2016

Game of Life - I Will Follow God's Plan

Here's what I'm doing for the last week of February to review I will Follow God's Plan - the game of Life *LDS style. I just drew this on a chart paper. A child will roll a die  and move that many spaces. If they land on a pink spot we have to stop and sing the song that goes with that event. Other spots have good choices (read scriptures) or bad choices (said something mean) and we have to move backwards how many it says. And mixed in all of that are lyrics from the song with blank word spots that they have to fill in the blank. If they don't know it or get it wrong, we have to sing I Will Follow God's Plan because that tells me they need to learn it better! Once we hit "death" they will go to paradise or prison depending on how many word blanks they got right/wrong (or you could do how many good vs bad spaces they landed on). Finally when we hit "judgement" they have to sing I Will Follow God's Plan without any help from me. If they forget words - telestial, sing it fine but like they are going through the motions - terrestrial, or sing it primary program perfect - celestial! Haven't tried this out, but hopefully it will be fun!

No comments: