Saturday, August 16, 2014

Family History

“We, as spirit children of our Heavenly Father, were sent to earth at this time that we might participate in hastening this great work…
“The Lord expects you and me to perform our family history work well. I think the first thing we must do if we are to perform our work well is to have the Spirit of our Heavenly Father with us. When we live as righteously as we know how to live, He will open the way for the fulfillment of the blessings that so earnestly and diligently we seek.
We are going to make mistakes, but none of us can become an expert in family history work without first being a novice. Therefore, we must plunge into this work, and we must prepare for some uphill climbing. This is not an easy task, but the Lord has placed it upon you, and He has placed it upon me.
As you pursue family history work, you are going to find yourself running into roadblocks, and you are going to say to yourself, “There is nothing else I can do.” When you come to that point, get down on your knees and ask the Lord to open the way, and He will open the way for you. I testify that this is true.
My brothers and sisters, I testify that the Lord will bless us as we accept and respond to this challenge.”

President Thomas S. Monson, “Hastening the Work,” Ensign, Jun 2014, 4.

No comments: